So who loves the iTunes Genius mixes? It’s like having satellite radio without the stupid DJs or interviews. iTunes dissected my playlist into:
– Alternative & Punk Mix: Based on Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Green Day, & others.
– Alternative & Punk Mix 2: Based on Coldplay, Art Brut, Oasis, & others.
– Alternative & Punk Mix 3: Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, White Stripes, & others.
– Jazz Mix: Based on Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, & others.
– Alternative Mix: Based on Modest Mouse, the Shins, the Killers, & others.
– Easy Listening Mix: Based on Les Baxter & His Orchestra, Dean Martin, Louis Prima, & others.
– Easy Listening Mix 2: Based on Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Nat King Cole, & others.
– Rock Mix: Based on the Specials, The English Beat, Less Than Jake, & others.
– Rock Mix 2: Based on Elvis Presley, The Reverend Horton Heat, Bobby Darin, & others.
– World Mix: Based on Astrud Gilberto, Joao Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim, & others.
– Metal Mix: Based on Rob Zombie, Metallica, Def Leppard, & others.
– Classical Mix: Based on Johann Strauss II, John Philips Sousa, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, & others.
Might as well just call it “Early-mid 1990s Alternative & Grunge”. Or better yet, “Junior High.” Or, “Drudging Up Memories You Wish You’d Forget Mix 2.”
Thank you to everyone who voted in my poll. Took the guesswork out of something like that. Here’s a photo of it:
So, I’ve been an Air Force Officer one year today. One year until I get a promotion to First Lieutenant. Sweet. One month until I get my aircraft assignment. Cross your fingers for BOMBERS.
… & in other news, last Monday was me & Larry’s one year anniversary. I can’t say this year has flown by (no pun intended), but I can’t believe how much I know now compared to last year. The months are going by quicker each day, but it seems age has slowed down.
For our anniversary, Larry took me to Kirby’s Steakhouse. We split the surf n’ turf, ie, I get the Australian Lobster Tail and he gets the steak. What a deal. ♥ For a gift, I bought VIP tickets to the opening night of the opera season in Austin, TX. It’s La Bohème, and between each act, we get cocktails and h’or douvres. Dinner is after the show, seated at a table with a few other couples (probably over 60). It should be a very fun & unique time, plus we get to take a mini vacation in Austin!
You can see the side view of my hair here.
Larry doing his best Don Draper impression.
Last night I watched a really good documentary called “The Celluloid Closet.” It took a look at film in the past 100 years in regards to homosexuality in cinema. The best was a short clip fro 1895; it was one of Edison’s test films & featured a man playing violin and two men dancing! Regardless of whether the two men were gay or not, I enjoyed the sheer mind-boggling fact this snippet of film was 104 years old.
Today I planned a bombing mission over Utah. Seems appropriate. Utah sucks. I get to fly it (in a simulator) on Monday. Three simulators next week. Last checkride of Navigator school the week after. Halle-fuckin-lujah!
Here are photos from my first riding lesson. I’ve had six so far… So that’s about seven hours of instruction. I’ve always been wary of horses since a trail horse almost threw me over a mountainside. I hadn’t been on a horse since, but I decided it’s time to stop being so scared of these marvelous creatures. However, last lesson with Pepe on Sunday, I had him hitched to the fence to groom before the lesson. He refuses to wear a fly mask, so there were flies all over his face bothering him. My instructor came over with fly repellant on her hands and swiped his nose really quick. He reared back all scary and ten feet tall and broke his lead rope. Way to calm me down before riding! I was totally bewildered. Oh noes.
I’m riding Pepe, my favorite of the horses to ride. Pepe is harder to turn because he’s used to more advanced riders. My instructor says little girls (which are most of her clientele, of course) usually have to wait a year to ride Pepe. HA take that, little girls! I’m BETTER than you! Ha!
This joker’s name above is Oreo. He was being a pain in the butt so he got put in time out. He is the friendliest horse, ever. He kept sticking his head through the gate for pets.
Off to go try to find The Haunted World of El Superbeasto!